GAME - Trading Standards Issue?

Celery is very stringy 17:41 29 Aug 04

Two weeks ago I went into a GAME store and saw the forthcoming Starwars Trilogy DVD being advertised as a Limited Edition per-order along with the forthcoming PC game StarWars Battlefront. The empty boxes on the shelf (designed to take to the counter) had the Limited Edition combination graphics on them. 70% of the boxes on the shelf had £36.99 stickers on them. I thought this looked like a great deal so went home, doubled checked the prices on PLAY.com. It seemed to be a fantastic deal and not unreasonable. Myself and my girfriend went into GAME and I pre-ordered the set by taking one of the £36.99 labelled boxes to the counter. I paid my deposit of £5 and specifically asked the assistant whether the price was correct. He said yes.

I mentioned the deal to my friend and he went along just the other day enquiring about the same deal. This time, the remaining boxes didn't have any price on and GAME would not confirm the price until release.

I am naturally concerned that when I get to the release date they will claim that there was no price advertised and the actual cost will be a lot higher. I just want to check my rights - I assume I would be able to cancel my order in September and get a refund of my deposit if they try and pull a fast one? Also, isn't there a trading standards issue here? Are they advertising something a price they are not prepared to sell at? Personnally I think they are trying to lure purchasers away from making pre-orders with other companies.

the pie eater 04:03 30 Aug 04

When you paid your deposit does it not say on the reciet what you have paid for and the total cost? ie £36.99 MINUS A DEPOSIT OF £5.00 leaving full payment of £29.99 to pay

Dorsai 05:17 30 Aug 04

the pie eater

I think we will have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up with us insomniacs.

Dorsai 05:20 30 Aug 04

or just
click here

and see the other thread that is also this thread, but in consumer watch,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…