Game playing pproblems

KD88 22:52 29 Dec 04

I have recently upgraded to XP/SP2 and also added 2 256 memory cards (originally 128) and now neither Motorcross Madness 2 or Superbike 2001 will play. S/bike will not even load and displays a box saying "Invalid video mode" and M/M2 loads but the graphics just don't work and I get only part of the display.
Any ideas or sugestions?
Thanks.

Starfox 23:09 29 Dec 04

What did you upgrade from and which graphics card have you got?

Technotiger 23:16 29 Dec 04

Hi, not much of a game-player myself and not sure about Inv Vid Mode bit - but have you tried to run MM2 in Compatibility Mode by right-click on game desktop icon/Properties and looking at Compatibility Tab where it says 'run this program etc ....... Cheers.

KD88 20:57 01 Jan 05

Was running 98 and the card is Nvidia 256.

Technotiger 21:04 01 Jan 05

Hi again, I would strongly advise upgrade your video(graphics) card, something like a Radeon9200 is not terribly expensive.

Happy New Year.

Starfox 21:17 01 Jan 05

I think you will find those games are not compatible with XP,but you could try running in compatibilty mode.

Find the game in your start menu and right click it, in the box that appears click properties, then click on compatability, put a tick in the box that says compatability mode and then select Winows 98, click on apply at the bottom of the box and then try the game again.If it don't work I think the game is too old for XP.(Unless someone knows better of course).

Not sure what you mean by nVidia 256,for graphics card, click on start, run then type dxdiag in the box and click ok,this brings up the Direct X diagnostic tool, click on display to find your graphics card description.

Hope this helps.

Starfox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…