game play sluggish

I have just fitted a new graphic's card it is the msi rx9800 pro plus td128 now when i play games on my pc it dosen't seem continous the players don't run as they should it is like they are stuttering when you fire it continues for a while even though you have taken your finger of the mouse it is also the same on the keyboard when you take your finger off it the player will still move for a while when you turn the game off all i get for a few moments is a black screen and the pc is not very responsive for a while
windows xp home edition
amd athalon 2800xp 333mhz overclock to 360mhz
2.25ghz
ram pc2700 ddr sdram 333mhz overclock to 360mhz
2x256mb

THE TERMINATOR 23:43 02 Jun 04

Do you have the latest drivers for your new card? Get them from msi web page. TT

I have updated my drivers and it is still the same. I also forgot to mention that i installed a new motherboard a few days before i installed the graphics card my motherboard is a msi k7n2 delta nvidia nforce 2 chipset based i have also updated this please can anyone help because it is driving me mad not knowing what is wrong.

THE TERMINATOR 20:34 09 Jun 04

How did you resolve this issue?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced