Game keeps freezing

chaztait 12:44 12 Aug 07

Hi i am trying to play The Lord Of The Ringd. Battle For Middle Earth II on my computer online and it freezes. It goes online, i click on a map to play it, and then it freezes.

The same also happens with command+conquer Generals. I get to a game online then when it about to start it freezes.

I am running windows xp SP2.

Also when i put the lord of the rings game in my primary drive it says please insert the correct cd rom and press ok....but it will work in my other cd drive.

The next problem is a game called praetorians. It wont even start up. you put the disc in, go to my computer double click it and a CD cursor comes up and doesn't go away.

Does anyone know what the problem/s could be ?

cheers

chaztait

chaztait 13:11 12 Aug 07

I ment to say, i can play Lord Of The Rings and Generals off line and they work fine.

project 90 13:21 12 Aug 07

probaly sounds as if it just cos they made from ea!! my generals has had plenty of things goin wrong with it it hit or miss i found a reinstall fixed it normally .

but normally if my generals was broke it wouldnt load up wot so ever, its been fine the now tho has your pc got minimum specs to play these games?

chaztait 13:36 12 Aug 07

yes it has more than minimum spec

NChick 13:52 12 Aug 07

It could be a fault with your drives. If they're old, they're probably getting close to the end of their useful life.
If this does turn out to be the case, you can extend the life of further drives by making sure the media you put in 'em is clean, and give the trays themselves a dust occasionally.

Hope this helps, and if it doesn't, hope you get your solution soon.

Just had a thought - if this issues are online based, could there be problems with different versions of the game trying to connect with one another? V1.5 to V2.7, etc. Also, maybe it could be a virus? I have a strange problem with The Sims 2, although like project 90 says, it's probably 'cos it's EA!

NChick 13:53 12 Aug 07

Doh, I mean "these issues". Good luck again!

patched? click here

chaztait 14:10 12 Aug 07

no, the cd drive that the lord of the rings wont play on is about....2 weeks old. the other one is out my old computer...thats about 4 months old.

citadel 14:11 12 Aug 07

install game patches. disable starforce, to see if you have starforce right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager, view, show hidden devices, scroll down to non plug and play drivers, expand and look for starforce, right click each one and disable.

chaztait 14:55 12 Aug 07

i cant see starforce there. The game patch installed but the problem is still there. :(

chaztait 15:32 12 Aug 07

could it be the computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now