Game installation

SloJo 13:53 08 May 03

I recently bought a second hand copy of Fifa 2002 for my PC (running Windows XP). When I install it the game runs fine...that is until the next time I shut down and restart. Then when I try to start the game it tells me that it has not been installed correctly and that I should re-install it. Again the same happens i.e. it works fine until I next restart the computer.

Other than leaving the computer on constantly or re-installing the game each time I want to play it, has anyone got any suggestions?

I am a beginner so please keep answers intelligible!! Thanks in advance.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 14:13 08 May 03

The EA Tech support site has a similar question to this - try the steps mentioned at click here

Which suggests

"Run the 3D setup prgram. To do this, go to Start > Programs > EA Sports > FIFA 2002 > 3D Setup. Choose a graphics render and a resolution. Once that is done, restart the computer, and the game should run fine."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…