Game Controllers

Confused! 11:51 22 Apr 07

Probably VERY stupid question but if I install a game controller (it's got a rumble pad)what can I use it for? I have an old racing game called Big Red racing we had on our old Window 98 computer and the controller doesnt seem to control anything. Does it only work with some sorts of games? If so, how do I know which ones?

missingit 15:05 22 Apr 07

Hi,your controller will only work with games that support it. I am currently playing Resident Evil 4.When you install the game, it will tell you if a game pad is supported.

If a PC game needs a game pad its crap.

Armchair 19:19 22 Apr 07

"If a PC game needs a game pad its crap."

I use an Xbox 360 pad with all my racing games. It's a lot better than using mouse and keyboard. Horses for courses, eh?

CLONNEN 13:27 23 Apr 07

Games usually default to Keyboard control but there should be an Options menu somewhere which will let you change to a Gamepad or Joystick as the controller. If a game just states Keyboard or Joystick select Joystick as that is the same as a Gamepad as far as the computer is concerned.

lexus350 03:21 29 Apr 07

Did you get any information about using the controller as a mouse?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…