Gain Adserver - How do I remove this?

Gain Adserver is a piece of software which incorporates search engine facilities and advert popups. Because the program is located on my computer, it is exempt from the MSN popup blocker.

I have been unable to find the program on the hard drive. How can I remove this from my PC?

Thanks,

Kin

Try SpyBot search and destroy. Haven't got a link for it but if you type it in, say, Google, you'll find a link there. J

SANTOS7 13:38 25 May 04

click here use this after the following

Q. How do I uninstall a GAIN supported application?

A. To uninstall a GAIN supported application, follow these steps;
- From the Windows Start button select Settings and then Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- When the Add/Remove Programs window opens, locate the GAIN supported application you wish to uninstall in the list of installed programs, click on that entry one time and then click on the Change/Remove button.
- Follow the on screen instructions.

To protect you from unintentional, unauthorized or automated uninstallation of your GAIN Publishing software*, GAIN Publishing's uninstallers include a Word Verification feature. Here's how it works - just enter the word shown in the blue box into the empty text box above it, and click 'Next' to complete the uninstall.

* Note: Some software programs intentionally uninstall or corrupt other software programs users have downloaded or purchased automatically and/or in an unauthorized manner. This can result in consumers unintentionally losing the benefits of their GAIN supported software.

If you do not use the Add/Remove programs feature and instead attempt to remove GAIN supported applications by manually deleting files or directories, it is likely that your efforts will result in an incomplete removal of GAIN and/or your GAIN Network supported applications. In this case, please contact GAIN Publishing technical support at [email protected] and they will be able to work with you to help you remove all GAIN-related components.
this will remove it

Thank you, GAIN has been uninstalled. It was named as GMT instead of GAIN.

Thanks,

Kin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…