Gadget that tells me I am on the Internet.

prince midas 13:32 28 Aug 08

Is there a free program out there that will tell me when I connect to the internet and when I come off,otherwise I can log off the website and not know if I am still connected to the Internet.

Furkin 13:41 28 Aug 08

There used to be a 'connector' that had an LED in it.
Obviously would light up when connected.
Might be worth looking for.

brundle 13:46 28 Aug 08

It depends how you connect. Dialup, broadband, modem or router?

Technotiger 13:47 28 Aug 08

If your connection is via ADSL modem/router then you are always connected to the Internet.

prince midas 13:51 28 Aug 08

Sorry Technotiger I am only connected to ADSL internet when I want to be but because my original timer which connected and started up when I wanted it to is now causing me problems I just want a free simple program which will start timing when I connect and stop when I disconnect.

This way if I forget to disconnect my timer will alert me.

Furkin 13:55 28 Aug 08

PM: If you are on adsl, isn't there a light on your router/modem ?
Although it isn't a timer, you should be able to see if you are connected or not.

woodchip 15:28 28 Aug 08

Best gadget is of button on the modem

Clapton is God 17:02 28 Aug 08

Any half decent ADSL modem should give you the 2 flashing monitors icon in the task bar when connected.

Right click on that icon and click Disconnect to disconnect.

Equally, there should be an option to auto-disconnect when the connection has been idle for xxx minutes.

prince midas 19:19 28 Aug 08

Thanks guys have noted your answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…