GA7VAXP

pluff 08:11 06 Oct 03

Cannot get screen to come on with gigabyte GA7VAXP
Have tried different Graphics cards , Monitors,Cpu's and memory sticks for known working ones.Spec is AMD xp1900,Samsung ddr 333/256meg, Nvidia gforce 4 mx440 ,550 watt psu.

TECHNODIMWIT 08:24 06 Oct 03

click here

i had this problem with my new Aopen AK79G mobo.

the drivers supplied on the install disc didnt work.

went to the nvidia site and downloaded the newest driver, this works for all nvidia products
and is backwards compatible.

mark

pluff 10:19 06 Oct 03

bump

pluff 12:33 06 Oct 03

Bump

Jester2K II 12:36 06 Oct 03

Please clarify.

Is this AT ALL or just in Windows? Can you get in the BIOS?

pluff 12:52 06 Oct 03

Cannot get the screen on at all can't get into bios.
Its as if the agp will not initailize.I have also tried a pci card but still no video.I know the monitor is ok as it works on other machines . Is this a faulty board.

Jester2K II 12:52 06 Oct 03

Does it have onbaord video? Does this work ok?

pluff 13:02 06 Oct 03

No onboard video
Via KT 400 chipset

Totally-braindead 13:55 06 Oct 03

I've got the same board as you and can't say that I've had any problems with it at all but I bought a Gigabyte graphics card to go with the board. Since you've tried various bits of kit to resolve your problem I would be inclined to think that either the memory you have been trying is incompatible with the board, try looking on the Gigabyte website for info on this or and this you've probably already tried but the graphics card may not be seating properly. Make sure you have the speaker wired up to the board to see if there are any beeps this can really help sometimes and check that when you power up that the board is getting power. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…