G Mail when will the "new version" work??

six-h 01:02 04 Jun 08

I'm fed up with constantly having to click on "Older version" in order for G mail to work corectly, otherwise it gets into an endless loop of "pop-ups have been blocked, click here to allow pop-ups"..."pop-ups have been blocked" etc.
It would be acceptable, if you only had to select this option once, but since I have several accounts, and flit between them, I have to select this option every time I change accounts and it's very irritating.
Does anyone know when it will just ...work?

sean-278262 01:12 04 Jun 08

I assume you are using internet explorer from the constant pop up block messages. Consider trying click here firefox or click here opera as with the former I have no issues logging onto my 2 Gmail accounts.

A

six-h 01:36 04 Jun 08

How quaint that they choose to launch their "New Version" at the niche market, rather than the 90 odd percent of us that use IE7!!
I'll download FF again once I've sorted out more pressing probs. with my PC.
However, it's good to know there is a solution, thanks again!!

sean-278262 02:06 04 Jun 08

I don't think it is programmed with Firefox or otherwise in mind. I just merely was saying I have had no issues with it on firefox. However trying IE7 (after taking an age to remember where in my start menu I moved it to) I find there to be no pop ups. Does it happen when you ctrl click to create a new message?

If so when the icon pops up click on settings and add gmail to the allow list.

If this is not the issue it may be some sort of spyware/adware running or some sort of data mining program.

A

johnnyrocker 09:12 04 Jun 08

resolved how?

johnny

six-h 23:28 05 Jun 08

The problem I'm finding is that although I can open some mail,returning to in box invokes an IE message: -"When you send Info. to the net, it might be possible for others to see, Do you want to continue Y/N"
At the same time, I get a yellow band at the top of the viewing window saying "Oops...System encountered a problem #102, re-trying in X seconds"

This keeps appearing whether you say yes, no or sod off to the IE message.

You then have to be quick enough to click "Older version" after hitting the red X, before the message re-appears.

Same palaver if you try to "display images" in e-mails like those from Aldi and Cartridge world etc.
Total pain!

johnnyrocker, I don't understand your question

six-h 00:43 06 Jun 08

Seems I was a bit previous in ticking this one!
and since FE says it can't be unticked, I'm replying to the last postings under that thread below.

Hope I've not confused you all!!

Astec123

The problem I'm finding is that although I can open some mail, returning to in box invokes an IE message: -"When you send Info. to the net, it might be possible for others to see, Do you want to continue Y/N"
At the same time, I get a yellow band at the top of the viewing window saying "Oops...System encountered a problem #102, re-trying in X seconds"

This keeps appearing whether you say yes, no or sod off to the IE message.

You then have to be quick enough to click "Older version" after hitting the red X, before the message re-appears.

Same palaver if you try to "display images" in e-mails like those from Aldi and Cartridge world etc.
Total pain!

johnnyrocker, I don't understand your question

six-h 00:47 06 Jun 08

Confused myself there!!
Intended to start a new thread of the same (or similar) name!

Just ignore me, it's late...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant