G-Mail icon on desktop

WRS 15:12 11 Sep 08

I use XP Home and Firefox. Am looking for way to access G-Mail direct from desktop as opposed to Mozilla Firefox homepage. Is it possible?

sean-278262 17:00 11 Sep 08

What do you mean direct from the desktop? Do you mean know when you have new messages? You could use the POP functionality in Gmail to forward it to outlook and set that to run on startup in the system tray. Or download the google talk app which will allow you to see a notification in the system tray if you have new messages.

The latter is quite useful and I use it myself. However If thats not the kind of thing you are looking for let us know a bit more detail as to what exactly you need and we will see what we can find.

ambra4 02:50 12 Sep 08
  Shortstop 12:27 12 Sep 08

I use this

click here

Not an icon on the desktop, but appears on the lower right-hand corner of Firefox. Changes colour to advise of new emails. Clicking on the icon can open a new tab in F/Fox for Googlemail.

HTH

Paul

darrenrichie 13:08 12 Sep 08

Mozilla are beta testing a product called Prism. click here
I really recommend giving this a go as it is very useful for putting web based apps on your desktop such as Gmail or Google calendar. Read the info in the link and give it a go. It's easy to use and an extremely useful app.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5