FX5900 TV in/out. getting it to work

Allattar 10:05 14 Jul 03

Ok I bought my new card the other day and its all working ok now. However I was wondering how to get the TV IN/OUT setup to work correctly/

First of all heres the setup

Win XP.
MSI FX5900 (TV IN/OUT)
XP1800
512MB
ECS K7S5A motherboard
Hercules Fortissimo II soundcard

Ok here is how Ive set the system up (my tv and stuff uses the Euro Scart standard, and the card has the round plug).

I have taken the aerial connector from the cable box so it runs from cable box to PC and then PC to TV. Only using the analogue Coax cable not the scart connectors (I may have to invest in a scart splitter cable and converter)

It seems to detect the TV and I can choose from nview clone and to activate the tv signal or extend my desktop. However I cant seem to tune it in from the TV. Also the wonderful instructions with the card dont tell me how Im supposed to pick up the signal from the in and play anything on the PC.

Any ideas? anyone figured this out?

bobber100 11:58 14 Jul 03

If I understood your question correctly. You do not tune it in on your TV. Press the AV button on your TV remote, and scroll through (depends how many AV inputs you have).

Allattar 12:06 14 Jul 03

thanks Ill try that, also any ideas about recieving tv on the pc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…