FX 5200 play dvds on tv

kakellie 22:01 30 May 04

I have a fx5200 graphics card can i some way play dvds on my tv without having to disable my monitor,Can i enable dual display to play dvds?

Cantillion 22:49 30 May 04

You'll probably find that in order to do this, you'll have to mirror the refresh rate and resolution on both. To do this, you'll have to set the display settings to match the TV... so you'll end up with a comparatively low refresh rate and res on your monitor. Not easy on the eye.

However, you can easuly switch from sending the signal to your monitor to your TV and vice versa. So there's really no need to mirror the screen accross both displays.

Totally-braindead 23:42 30 May 04

Have a look at the nvidia website the newest drivers have a display thing built in which might be what you want click here

woodchip 23:47 30 May 04

As far as I am aware you should not need to alter the Resolution just connect S/Video if that’s what you have and right click the desktop\properties to go into video graphics settings for the monitors

hugh-265156 00:21 31 May 04

i have just changed from an ati card to nvidia and had a few problems with the tv out mode myself.this is how i get it to work.

right click the desktop/properties/settings/advanced/fx5200/nview display mode

select your display+tv as a choice

if the tv is not detected click detect displays and restart

next click the nview display mode tab again and select your monitor+tv then click the tv icon shown next to your monitor.

click device settings/select tv format and choose PAL(i) everything else gives me b/w picture for me.

if your tv still shows no picture try this:

click troubleshooting and tick 'display the nvidia settings icon in taskbar' select your tv from here and set as PAL(i) as above.

this now works for me ok.

i also found that i have to take out the svideo lead to get into my bios or the screen stays black.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…