fuzzy pictures when on internet

landroverdave 10:38 27 Jun 04

Please help.When on internet all pictures and images in websites are made up of small squares are blurred and look washed out.It does not affect pictures that are not internet websites or the flash programmes running in the background of websites. nor does it prevent games from running.
I run xp home

thanks

Robotic_Rob 11:01 27 Jun 04

Are you givin the site long enough to download the picture? I find that when looking at maps on the internet that little images that make up the map are all blocked and blurred. But after giving it alittle time. The images clear up perfectly.

landroverdave 11:12 27 Jun 04

fraid not,time is no healer here. I have exhausted the obvious reasons and the images are definitely made up of little square shapes and colours are washed out and blurry.Its only in internet explorer that I get this and on tiscali start up box when it shows a picture.

livewire 11:15 27 Jun 04

Try clearing your cache Tools>Internet Options>Empty temporary internet files.

Or try another browser like Mozilla Firefox and see if you have the same problem. If images apear correctly in another browser like firefox then you can repair Internet Explorer.

If images dont display in either browser try changing the program handeler for image files.

If you could try these steps and determine the result I could give you more instructions for each process.

landroverdave 13:38 27 Jun 04

hi livewire.
i have loaded mozilla firefox as suggested and it has fixed the problem.
It must be a fault with explorer..any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…