Fuzzy picture

toadoftoadhall 17:44 02 Aug 03

In the last couple of weeks my monitor has started going fuzzy at the top and bottom corners and buzzing slightly every time I have a window maximised on the desktop.
If I reduce the size of the window, it stops, and it doesnt happen when doing anything else, such as playing games, etc.
I've updated drivers, downloaded Directx 9b, and tried changing resolutions, etc. Nothing seems to work and it's steadily getting worse.

Can anyone tell me what they think the problem might be?

I have PIII 500, 384 Mb RAM, NVidia 64Mb Graphics card and run Win 98se. My monitor is a cheap and cheerful 19" thing which doesnt have a brand name on it. I've got it set to optimal refresh rate and it's currently running in 800x600.

Thanks

Forum Editor 17:47 02 Aug 03

is the "cheap and cheerful 19" thing"?

It might be demonstrating why it was cheap. The symptoms you describe do tend to indicate that the Electron gun is no longer coping quite so well.

toadoftoadhall 17:49 02 Aug 03

..it's only about a year or so I think. It gets a fair bit of use - probably 20 or so hours a week. Time for a new one you think?

woodchip 18:02 02 Aug 03

It may have a three year swap out. Check with the Manufacturers site, there may be one on the back plate

toadoftoadhall 20:01 02 Aug 03

I thought it might be a software problem - obviously not...
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…