Futuremark measurement services client

smy13 20:31 18 Feb 05

Anyone know what this is it's appeared in my add/remove programme window. I don’t recall downloading anything with this name

garrema 21:01 18 Feb 05

Have you ever downloaded or otherwise installed any of the video benchmarking apps from Futuremark? It comes with 3Dmark2003 & 2005 etc.

gudgulf 21:11 18 Feb 05

Have you ever used Microsoft's gaming performance analyser? click here

This requires the intallation of the Futuremark Measurment Services Client (an ActiveX control) in order to run.

smy13 21:27 18 Feb 05

No to both, seems as it's something to do with gaming I can only think my son has downloaded it. do you know if it has any spyware attached or is it worth running a scan

gudgulf 21:39 18 Feb 05

It is not spyware....Futuremark make very well respected Video benchmarking tools.There is hardly any graphics card review that will not use at least one of these benchmarks.Likewise most people will use the free versions of these benchmarks to assess how well their pc's perform for gaming.I have 4 Futuremark products on my pc.

I would ask your son about this though,I don't have it listed in my add/remove programs despite having more than one Futuremark product.Chances are that it wont be missed if you uninstall it but it wont do any harm if you just leave it where it is.

smy13 21:50 18 Feb 05

Thanks
I'll do some investigating with said son thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…