Further re. Agfa ePhoto CL20 camera-Help please?

AngeTheHippy 16:01 18 Oct 05

I can't understand why the 'expert' referred to in Agfa ePhoto CL20 camera - Help please? , my earlier posting, has installed on Jeanett's PC the following:
ZoneAlarm, AVG, ad-aware, there is an AOL anti spy/virusware & firewall (I think)- surely, she doesn't need ALL of these? I've got AVG,ad-aware & spybot and that seems to be sufficient...

AngeThe\Hippy
xx

MAJ 16:45 18 Oct 05

For reference to the other thread click here

AngeTheHippy try to keep all your posts in the one thread it makes things easier for everyone, especially if the other thread drops onto page 2 of the forum.

What is installed on the PC that you think shouldn't be? You said you *think* there is a firewall (other than Zonealarm) installed. Is there?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 18 Oct 05

PC protection =

1 firewall (zonealarm is a good one), 2 firewalls may clash

1 Antivirus (do not use 2 or more a the can conflict with each other)

and as much antispyware as you wish, between them they should catch 99% of all known germs

recommend spywareblaster as a blocker + Adaware and spybot and MSantispy but the choice is yours.

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
MSoftAntispy Beta click here
Ewido click here

The sofware the expert has applied is good and free,, as long as he has switched off AOL firewall And Aol antivirus there should be no problem.

AngeTheHippy 17:18 18 Oct 05

As the PC's OS is XP(sp2), then there is the other firewall.

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\, the firewall issue appears to be that she has 2 working; ZoneAlarm and XPs is turned on also. I don't understand why the expert has done this.

<< recommend spywareblaster as a blocker + Adaware and spybot and MSantispy but the choice is yours>> these are exactly what I have installed myself, and agree with you this should be sufficient - however, I did an online scan with Kaspersky last week, and it found something the other 3 didn't!

Do you think I should suggest we delete ZoneAlarm and stay with just AVG?

AngeTheHippy
xx

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 18 Oct 05

No ZA is a firewall

AVG is an antivirus prog unless you have the brand new paid for version AVG plus click here scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 18 Oct 05

PS

windows firewall is incomming ony ZA is in and out and therefore is much better.

Switch off the windows firewall to prvent conflicts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…