Further PSC twist

TommyRed 20:12 23 Nov 04

I recently posted here that the quality of scanned photos on my HP PSC 1210 were very poor, but no-one came up with a solution. I have replaced it under warranty and its not much better. Today I scanned a photo as 'text and graphics as an image' under the scan documents section. This is much more like the quality I would have expected, but why? TR

Cook2 20:27 23 Nov 04

There should be a setting showing the DPI, or Text, Text and Picture, Picture etc. in the Software Control Panel.

Also check your driver click here does it need updating?

And this from a write up:-

The 36-bit, 600 by 2,400-dpi scanner proved fine for making copies of family photos or magazine articles, though we wouldn't rely on it for detailed artistic work. (Actually, we thought scans looked cleaner when set for 300 rather than 600 dpi; software interpolation offers faux resolution up to 19,200 dpi.)

TommyRed 21:32 23 Nov 04

How do I check what version the current driver is? The settings, I've tried them all I reckon little difference. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…