Further clean up after Virus removal..context Menu

paulgeaf 00:28 27 Feb 07

Now. Lets get down to the nitty gritty and see if we can take this a step further!
I also have more virus related damage (if you mised my earlier post, I suffered a multiple virus infection and was proud to remove it and go through each part of its payload, repairing things and learning a lot on the way. I am determined NOT to reinstall, preferring to learn and fix everything they damaged)and it is annoying, I was going to ignore it but maybe it could be fixed just as easily as the previous stuff as most of the things I fixed were eventually down to simple registry changes (once the running process trojans were dealt with and the rootkit known as agony.sys was dealt with also!).
Anyway!
I have completely lost all ability to have an OPEN WITH in the file context menu. I also never see the 'open with..recent programs' dynamically created dropdown list that is so handy in XP pro. You know what I am talking about?
So..any ideas?
If I knew where this was located in the registry I am free to change it and do a trial & error as I have fresh reg backups ready.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…