Further batch file problem!

Housten 18:10 PM 11 Jul 12

Good Afternoon,

I asked about writing batch files and was greatly helped by some people – but I can not remember who – for which I apologise to them, but ‘My Posts’ is not showing on the site!! One person in particular was very kind and pointed me in the right direction. But I still have a problem – although as I get nearer to finalising the file there maybe others!!!!

What I would like to do is create what would be a sub-folder with today’s date. I know this means that there will be a lot of repetition but it will be quite simple to delete folders – I may even write a batch file for this – but I can not get the file to make a new sub-folder by way of using the “%DATE%” instruction, which is what I thought would do it, but it just doesn’t appear to want to know. What I would like to happen is that when I run the file the date gets picked up – right at the start of the file – and it is then used, although I am considering making it more complicated by getting the time included, as well!!! But I want to walk before I try to run.

Although I am beginning to believe this can not be made to work, but if there is a way I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what the instruction is, because I have looked at a number of sites, and I just can’t get this to work. Of course if it can not be done, that would explain my frustration………….

Many thanks in anticipation.

Housten 16:36 PM 12 Jul 12

Please can anyone help?? Even a 'No, you idiot' would be a help!!!

I really want to sort this ouy - one way or another - before I fully commit to writing the file! I am now in what I think is either the 8th or 9th draft/revision and I would like to get this sorted before I formalise everything!

So, please, please take pity on a poor old pensioner!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…