Funweb Spyware....Spybot struggling

Jonny H 23:35 14 Jul 05

I seem to have acquired a Funweb spyware in the H_KEY section of the hard disk on my PC.When I have given Spybot S&D the go-ahead to remove,it is unable to do so,and doing it manually via the Controls section gives me an alarming message that if I remove H_KEY references it could make the PC inoperable!Can anyone help,or has come across a similar problem?

Thanks in anticipation.
JH.

VoG II 23:44 14 Jul 05

Set a System Restore point. Then let Spybot delete it.

Jonny H 23:49 14 Jul 05

Spybot won't remove it,just tried and it says the files are still in use so 1 problem(this one) not fixed.If I set System restore point,will it then be able,by some miracle,to remove it?

VoG II 23:55 14 Jul 05

Yes then run Spybot in Safe Mode click here

Completealias 23:58 14 Jul 05

A system restore point will back up your registry so you can roll back should you have problems after deletion of the file.

Try running the scan in safe mode and try another antispyware app as well adaware, a2, ms antispyware all good

click here

click here

click here

Make sure they are all fully updated and allow the pc to reboot between scans to finish there cleanup. You may want to run a cleaner before this which will clean out any temporary files etc ccleaner here click here stick to the windows tab with it and let it clean all that it finds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…