Funny turn

Stowit 21:09 25 Jul 04

My lovingly assembled P4 512mb ram PC has only improved & run cooler since installing XP a month or so ago. CPU temp droping 10 degrees to a fairley constant 39 degrees (according to some software). I dont believe I've installed or am running anything new, but........
Now it seemed to have slowed right down & I noticed the CPU was 59 degrees! Any suggestions whats happening, Thanks again.

jonnytub 21:16 25 Jul 04

can you list the processes that are running from task manager?

Stowit 22:02 25 Jul 04

Do I get that with Alt Ctrl Del? If so only audio deck - some sound thing provided by MSI the mobo manufacturers.

jonnytub 22:12 25 Jul 04

yes ctrl, alt del, but you need to click on the processes tab which will show the processes running at present. They will be a few as it will also show the windows running components

Stowit 22:36 25 Jul 04

There are a load, but only one mpservic.exe has anything in the CPU column - and that fluctuates right up tp 99. Is that CPU use in %? Now where do I go?

stalion 22:38 25 Jul 04

have a read click here

stalion 22:45 25 Jul 04

if you have a cannon printer the above recommends uninstalling your printer software and re-installing

Stowit 22:56 25 Jul 04

I'm having some work done & moved my Pc & Cannon printer/fax, why this would spark anything who knows. I'll try uninstalling, but yet again I suspect you've identified the problem. I'll try & re-post if it's not solved. Is the figure under CPU % use? Thanks chaps.

Stowit 23:06 25 Jul 04

I think I've resolved prematurely. Now 'system idle process' is reading 99.

helmetshine 01:03 26 Jul 04

System idle process running at 99% isn't a problem....go to the next tab...performance...you'll see that CPU usage will only be about 2% .I believe it's showing exactly what it says....how much of the CPU's resources are idle.....not how much is being used

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…