Funny Hard Drive

billyliv 11:28 04 Nov 05

Hi, I have a 40Gb W.D. Slave Hard drive ,showing 4 partitions in Disk Management (XP Pro.) 1) 272.00Gb. 2) 272.00 Gb. 3) 284.65 Gb. 4) 690.77 Gb. (Yes Gb. not Mb.). I have the W.D. diagnostic floppy but I'll have to put the said drive into an old computer as master to run the diagnostics. Methinks my hard drive has gone to where all good hard drives go to. ( Or is it ahead of its time).Cheers, Bill

xania 13:30 04 Nov 05

What actual problems are you have with the HD. If the only problem is that Disk Management is reporting it incorrectly, I say that the problem is in the software. Check in Windows explorer and see what that shows. If its OK, and the HD reads OK, then I wouldn't worry about the HD.

billyliv 19:14 04 Nov 05

Hi, More of an INFO post than a problem post. The said drive is as dead as a dodo.cheers, Bill

billyliv 10:08 06 Nov 05

Hi, Just for info. Now that I have had time to work on the computer the fault lay in a faulty IDE cable. Trial and error triumphs in the end. Cheers Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…