Function Key Problems

alfredgerald 18:52 31 Jul 07

I am using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP. The keyboard is fully active BUT it is as though the function key is permanently pressed. E.g. I have to depress the function key to get the white numbers to activate. Any thoughts?

brundle 19:06 31 Jul 07

Press Fn and F11, this toggles the keypad numbers, not sure if that is what you are describing - it doesn't disable anything but relevant keyboard letters on my Equium tho

alfredgerald 19:11 31 Jul 07

Its what I am describing but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

alfredgerald 18:19 02 Aug 07

Could this be a 'sticky key' problem?

brundle 18:26 02 Aug 07

Is there any kind of indicator showing the Fn status?
Does the same thing happen when you use Esc (mutes and unmutes audio on my system)?

alfredgerald 18:59 02 Aug 07

On the numbers row I have 0 and * on the same key. When I pess the 0 I get *. If I press the functions key it toggles but once I let go of Fn it reverts to *. The same happens with m and 0 on the same key. I must have used a combination of keys to leave Fn on perminently.

alfredgerald 18:18 03 Aug 07

I have re-booted the PC and pressed Fn and F11 keys as suggested by brundle and its worked. Why it did not work the first time I do not know. Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…