Fun email on AOL

2rich 00:25 12 Jul 03

This is another small problem that a silver surfer just cannot fathom. I use AOL.
Using AOL email, I wish to create "fun emails," when sending them to grandchildren.
Just how do I get the expressions on to the email?
I have tried for hours but fail all the time. I could ask the children but that would probably have them in stitches---again.

Djohn 01:28 12 Jul 03

I've been trying for the past 20 minutes, no luck using version 8! looks like you will have to ask the children for both of us! ;o)

Jays 21:24 12 Jul 03

I don't think you can. You can have fancy stationary, but you can't put smileys in

powerless 21:27 12 Jul 03

:) < Next best thing!

2rich 22:42 12 Jul 03

Hi. Thanks for the info. from all of you. I don't feel so stupid now. But why are the smiley's there AND it does say create fun email.
Thanks all

BillEmm 23:21 12 Jul 03

On the right hand side of the 'Write EMail' window there is a button 'EMail Extras'. Just press for the xtras.

Or so I'm told.

2rich 23:30 12 Jul 03

Thanks BillEmm.
I tried asking AOL, and they said that it had not been added yet. But would be soon.
I will try your method though, anything to get one over the children.

Djohn 23:31 12 Jul 03

They don't work, only for IM use. I think it's a feature that will be released later this year. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…