Full stop appearing after delete

ponytail 08:47 AM 26 Oct 12

I dont know why but if I make a typing eror and try to delete and re-type the following happens

.PC Advisor I wanted the letters PC in upper case but did them in lower case but when I deleted them I was left with spot.I f you do his while typing a email address you have to go right out as you cannot have a full stop in your email address,Can someone help .just happened again.I am using windows 7 home premium if that helps.

lotvic 12:14 PM 26 Oct 12

Do you mean when you press the Delete button or the Backspace button on keyboard or when you highlight them and overtype or when you highlight them and press Delete on keyboard?

ponytail 13:11 PM 26 Oct 12

Hi lotvic when I highlight them and click on delete it leaves the dot but when I highlight them and overtype it seems fine but I only did this trial on word nottried it using email.

Woolwell 13:15 PM 26 Oct 12

Are you using Word and do you have the pilcrow ¶ symbol selected as if you do a space will show as a dot.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites