"FULL screen" popups/ads - can't get rid...

KorgY 17:57 12 Aug 09

Hello,

Since last night, i've been getting these full screen ads/popups come on my screen (i'm using Vista 32/Explorer 7)I've done quite a lot to try to get rid of it/them:

SUPERantispyware (updated) in afe mode, Spyware doctor - safemode (took 2hurs) rebootebut comes back on randomly. The "Ad" at the momet is a "win free laser" eye surgery!.

Any help appreciated for right program to sort this.

Thanks

KorgY

birdface 18:15 12 Aug 09

maybe try msconfig to see if anything on the start ups that should not be there. Same with Add-remove.
Did your security programs find any faults if so what were they.
Under tools have you got the pop-up blocker active.

woodchip 22:58 12 Aug 09

This is what you need to do click here

woodchip 23:01 12 Aug 09

Also click here

KorgY 00:43 13 Aug 09

Thanks woodchip, I'll bookmark those tips.

It looks like I've finally got rid of it/them. There was a program in the "add/remove" as buteman pointed out. I found a installer or something called "Favorit" (not a spelling error, Favorit without the "e". I uninstalled that, and seems to have dissapeared, though i was running spyware doctor, nortan 360, superantispyware at this time, so it could have been a combination.

thank you

KorgY

birdface 08:21 13 Aug 09

Maybe download and update Malwarebytes before you run it just in case it may have left anything behind.

click here

birdface 08:23 13 Aug 09

Maybe ignore last.Superantispyware may well have found any leftovers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009