Full list of commands required plz

Rubz 12:39 20 Jan 05

has anyone got a list of commands and their function for me
u know the commands when you go to start/run...

thanx

ACOLYTE 12:43 20 Jan 05

click here

This?

stlucia 12:44 20 Jan 05

They're basically DOS commands. click here gives you a full list, but I'm not sure if they can all be used in the Start>run box.

ACOLYTE 12:59 20 Jan 05

Rubz,you seem to have a lot of posts why not list all you problems in 1 post that way everyone can post to that instead of all over the page and everyone will know what advice has or has not been put foward.

Completealias 13:02 20 Jan 05

bookmarked

temp003 14:36 20 Jan 05

The links are for commands used in an XP cmd window, not for Start, Run.

I can't find a list as such, and basically you can run most programs using Start, Run, and then type in the path to the exe file, such as c:\program files\...\abc.exe to open the program.

For some programs, you don't need to type the full path, and Windows will find it, such as notepad, winword.

There are also some utilities which you can run via Start Run, like msconfig, certain consoles such as diskmgmt.msc, compmgmt.msc, services.msc, gpedit.msc (for XP Pro only), eventvwr.msc. Other examples are control userpasswords2, and cmd itself.

Can't give you a full list.

Stuartli 16:20 20 Jan 05

One Command Prompts list at:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:01 20 Jan 05

Start, Run, type or paste in
%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm

and click OK.

picklsey 17:03 20 Jan 05

for ref.

CHAIRLEG 17:06 20 Jan 05

Saved

spikeychris 17:11 20 Jan 05

You will find that the thieving old wotsit nicked that from me. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…