full duplex/2 sound cards

Socalled 12:31 11 Jul 03

Hi , can anyone shed some light please, I have an Audigy platinum sound card and i wish to use Msn audio for conversation through a microphone,but it seems that my Audigy platinum is not full duplex which is required to achieve this.
Can i install a second sound card which does have full duplex along side my existing sound card,and if so what if any software do i require to switch from one to the other,and also what are the problems i may come across.

OneSirKnight 14:42 11 Jul 03

Hi, I wish i could help you further, but like others on here i cannot answer your question positively, i have posted your question on another tech help site and if i get any further advise ,i will gladly pass it on to you,in the mean time have a look here you may find your answers here........click here

Socalled 14:46 11 Jul 03

Thank you, i was beginning to feel like a leper.
Your a real gent,

Megatyte 14:48 11 Jul 03

Installing two sound cards will result in a conflict. Why would you need two anyway? Just replace the one you have with a full duplex.

AH

Socalled 15:04 11 Jul 03

Thank you for your response, but my audigy cost me over £90 when i bought it and for a full duplex sound card i could pay as little as £20.
and there are other utilities on Audigy that ordinary sound cards dont have ,also according to the link that OneSirKnight kindly gave me the only conflict reported is of 2 cards from the same manufacturer.Thanks again for taking the time out to reply.

waydekirrane 15:54 10 Oct 04

how can i find out if my sound card is half or full duplex?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…