full computer audit and it's free !!!

pharte 18:05 29 Dec 04

has anyone posted the link for the belarc advisor site, it gives you a full profile of what's on your computer etc.

click here click here

Gongoozler 18:18 29 Dec 04

Hi pharte, this is my favourite for a basic audit of what is in a computer, and one I often recommend in this forum. For a more detailed audit I recommend Everest Home Edition click here

woodchip 18:22 29 Dec 04

But why if everything works

Gongoozler 18:48 29 Dec 04

Hi Woodchip. I keep a Belarc report of all the friends' computers I've built, repaired, upgraded etc so that when I get the inevitable phone call I can quickly refer to the Belarc report and know what configuration I'm discussing. Now the brain cells are in decline, and the number of computers involved is increasing, I find more often that I need this prompt ;-)

VoG II 18:52 29 Dec 04

It is great for people to identify their motherboard, what memory installed, how many slots free (all those without opening the case), what software and hotfixes installed and so forth.

keith-236785 19:03 29 Dec 04

VoG™, although i agree with the comments above, balarc advisor WRONGLY reported the version number of my motherboard which as i was going to flash the bios could have turned out quite costly had i not double checked.

it is still very useful for information but i would advise people to double check the details and not take it for granted.

woodchip 19:05 29 Dec 04

That's agood Idea, as you can easy see what as changed, So I agree about that. But as for me I only run programs like that if I need extra info

bathjobby 19:12 29 Dec 04

Free software, ummm ! followed link which tells me (whom it doesn't know) I have 3 messages waiting, ummmm, then tries to put a spyware cookie on my system, and all before I've decided to download this free software onto my system, ummmm, don't think I'll bother, ummmmm......

QuickHare 19:16 29 Dec 04

Well, if you don't like adverts or cookies, then you might as well not use the net. You will never download anything without something tracking you, plus an advert can be ignored and a cookie can be deleted before you move to another webiste.

sorry if this sounds horrible, it was not intended to be. It's just to help other peopple realise that the net is a dangerous place wherever you go, and you might as well clean up a bit after you as you go rather than stay away from a good site.

QuickHare 19:17 29 Dec 04

Also, I've just noticed an ad and cookies from this page at the top of the screen.

spikeychris 19:19 29 Dec 04

BA is a tried and trusted app that has been used for years, its free and I have never had problems with it.

"spyware cookie on my system" what does that mean exactly?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…