Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600-Factory restore Help

Giggle n' Bits 12:35 24 Dec 03

My friend and I are trying to restore the WinXP Home o's by using the supplied Restore CD that came with the machine.

The instructions are to get into the Desktop and insert the CD, Auto play won't work and its not possible to open the menu's from the Start-programms etc due to file corruption or possble Hardware error.

So opening the Drive with the CD and double clicking on the Set up icon on the CD will start the restore process, you get the chance to choose US British settings then you have to reboot the machine.

The Reboot will not happen and then you get an error saying error programme error.

So the factory resore is useless.

Is there something or anything that can be done. If it a case of Formatting and buying a XP CD ?

Jester2K 12:39 24 Dec 03

Is that it or is there more to it than that?

Big Elf 12:41 24 Dec 03

I thought a recovery CD was used to boot, format and restore Windows either from the CD or a hidden partition and not repair it.

Giggle n' Bits 19:11 24 Dec 03

and it says this programme is now closing down. It closes down then says error and thats it.

The manual says insert CD while in Windows and let it auto run (which it didn't) so I manually got it to run by opening the setup.exe for XP within the CD.

I close the post as I have managed to install the windows fresh from booting with the CD but I now have another problem. Please see the new post
"Dual Boot"

Merry Christmas Jester2k & Big Elf ! and anyone else who reads this.

Big Elf 19:29 24 Dec 03

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…