Fujitsu Siemens pc start failure

Beardie 10:45 29 May 06

This morning when I powered up my computer it failed to boot. The power is on and the fan starts but nothing happened, after a while the fan appears to "wind down". I tried pressing f8 to allow start up in safe mode but still nothing. Any suggestions please.

Taff™ 10:46 29 May 06

Is the monitor working at all? Powered on and plugged in?

Beardie 10:51 29 May 06

I have connected it to my other monitor and still no response

Beardie 11:14 29 May 06

I have tried starting using the supplied recovery disk, no luck. Keyboard has power but the computer does not boot at all.

Das Boot 11:38 29 May 06

Hi I had this problem once it was the power supply packing up.

Taff™ 11:46 29 May 06

Nothing on the monitor, No Hard Disk noise - I agree with Das Boot - PSU failure is the most likely. How old is the computer?

Beardie 11:52 29 May 06

Taff, unluckily the warranty has just expired: one year and a couple of weeks old.

Starfox 11:58 29 May 06

With my 4 year old Fujitsu - Siemans pc last week, it started to keep re-booting itself and eventually would not boot at all.Fitted a new power supply and all is now fine. One thing that did suprise me was the old psu was only 200 watt so I replaced it with a 480 watt from P.C.World.

Looks like you have the same problem but are you sure the warranty is only 12 months, mine was for 2 years manufacturers warranty?

Taff™ 12:03 29 May 06

I would definately be speaking to the supplier immediately. A couple of weeks outside Warranty is not the end of the world. Anyone purchasing a new machine would reasonably expect it to give several years service. New monitors generally come with a three year warranty, Hard disk drives at least 2 years etc. Who was the supplier?

Beardie 12:15 29 May 06

purchased from Comet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…