Fujitsu siemens laptop falling to bits??

subaru 17:41 13 Nov 05

Ive had an Amilo d 1845 laptop for less than a year now, and am disturbed to find 3 nasty structural cracks in its body. I wondered if anyone else has had similar problems...I'm anticipating a fight with F/S to convince that Ive not been dropping it on the floor all the time...which i havent!

woodchip 17:45 13 Nov 05

this comes under not fit for purpose. faulty plastic. And if they are not willing to do anything about it, it comes under the trads description act

subaru 00:06 14 Nov 05

The rubber feet fell off it after about a week, and they were distinctly unhelpful...accused me of ill treating it. They replaced it and the feet fell off anyhow..ive got 80p s worth of Maplins rubber feet on now for about 10 months and theyve stayed on!!
Im kinda expecting a fight, was interested to see if anyone else had had similar experience.
terry

Skills 00:18 14 Nov 05

I have only had one dealing with fujitsu support. I was supplied a fujitsu laptop as a replacement and the supplied unit was the same model you had. Unfortunately it turned up with a dead BIOS battery rather than them messing around with taking it in for a repair they just issued a returns number.

I have read of another case with this model thou where the person had broken the plastic bit that ejects the PC card slot and they refused repair for another fault on these grounds.

Be firm but polite, if you dont get anywhere with the support staff ask to speak to someone in a higher position.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…