Fujitsu Scaleo P wireless connectivity

BobbyYork 20:21 12 Aug 07

I have a Fujitsu Scaleo P computer that's supposed to come with wireless connectivity (and has a light on the front labeleld WLAN LINK) but I can't get it to connect to my BT Home Hub wirelessly. It works fine via an Ethernet cable. Can anyone suggest how I go about diagnosing what's wrong? There's nothing with an error against it in Device Manager.

ambra4 22:05 12 Aug 07

Check page 23 in the manual under “on establishing WLan

Go Start-Setting-double click on Network Connection

Right click on wireless area connection and Enable

ambra4 23:01 12 Aug 07

There is also an addendum word document, for Fujitsu Scaleo P, which you can download from this site third one down

click here

BobbyYork 08:36 13 Aug 07

When I open Network Connections I have two groupings: Internet Gateway and LAN or High-Speed Internet. There's no Wireless Are Connection there - should there be?

ambra4 12:03 13 Aug 07

Not sure if your model come with one as manual cover P,C,S type Scaleo

Maybe you should with Fujitsu

click here

ambra4 12:06 13 Aug 07

Sorry should read "contact Fujitsu"

Thornford 17:46 13 Aug 07

are you running Vista? if so you may have to uninstall the wireless card from device manager and vista will reinstall it straight away. It should then pick up the home hub. Vista has some problems with picking up the wireless cards on some pcs and will turn off all devices if it goes into hibernation.

hope this helps

BobbyYork 19:04 13 Aug 07

No, it's Windows XP. The other thing is - all the wirelss LAN cards I see advertised online have a little aerial on it but my PC (and I've looked inside) doesn't. I'm actually beginning to think that it's not actually got a wireless card at all...

ambra4 20:02 13 Aug 07

That is correct there should be a antenna on the back of case attached to a add on card also the addendum document do not show a antanna

Could be a option check Fujitsu

BobbyYork 21:18 13 Aug 07

There's a blooming WLAN LINK led on the front though!! I don't know what to think but I've ordered a new wireless LAN card anyway so I guess I'll start again with that...!

Ashrich 22:02 13 Aug 07

click here and read this from the support froum for Fujitsu Siemens .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…