Fujitsu help urgent

shuggyo 09:53 05 Nov 09

I already posted a post re my Fujitsu siemens amilo M1405 but never got a reply and i am getting urgent now as this is my work computer and i am self employed i do not want to lose the items i have got on it.The trouble started when i was on the internet and the screen froze so i shut it down using the power button so when i went to start it all i got was a blank black screen.When you power it off and on about between 30 -50 times it comes back on then works for about 2 mins then it freezes again and then you have to go through the routine of pressing the power button off and on again.One thing i have noticed is that the hard drive light flickers and when the screen freezes the hard drive light goes out.I can not even get in to the bios set up it just seems to be dead.Anbody got any ideas as i relly need this lap top to work.

mooly 12:54 05 Nov 09

Powering on and off 50 times sounds a bit drastic.

Can't see this doing anything but... disconnect all power and remove the battery completly. Hold the power button for at least 20 seconds, then replace battery etc and try and power up again.

Can you access the bios after doing that ?

shuggyo 19:25 05 Nov 09

Did as you said and all that happens is the same (power light comes on with blank screen )i take it you press f2 to call up the bios.I took the covers off this afternoon and gave it a good clean,reassembled it and powered it up and it worked,i then shut it down properly and it will not start again.Thanks for your reply,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:14 05 Nov 09

Personally
I would remove the drive put in a caddy and connect to another PC and backup all the data off it before doing any thing else.

Once data is backed up you can then do a disk error check with the right click My computer- highlight the drive - properties tools tab.

refit to the laptop and see if it boots.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…