Fujitsu Amilo Pro and Wireless Broadband.

Baskerville 21:01 05 Sep 08

Hi All,

Just bought a second hand Amilo Pro V1000, the last owners used a router and a D-Link Wireless Cardbus Adapter to connect to the internet, I have o2 broadband running two computers, I'm trying to connect to my network, trouble is I have no manual so cannot tell if the computer can pick up my signal or maybe I need a USB wireless adapter to pick up the network? I know o2 sell them but is there another way to connect to my home hub?
The system is XP.

Thanks to all that help,

Baskerville

Baskerville 23:09 05 Sep 08

bump !

ambra4 02:31 06 Sep 08

“The last owners used a router and a D-Link Wireless Cardbus Adapter to connect to the Internet”

The Amilo Pro V1000 do not come with a build in wireless card only a Ethernet lan card

You need install a USB wireless Adaptor or a Wireless Cardbus Adapter to allow you access to the wireless router

Base on the amount of USB ports on the laptop using a Wireless Cardbus Adapter would be the best

way to go

If there is a Maplin store close by walk with the laptop and check out the type that they have as I am

sure they will be able to advise you on the best one

Baskerville 10:50 06 Sep 08

The computer come with the wireless cardbus adapter installed but I still cannot get online, do I need to input some settings like SSID or WEP to allow it to see my network?
Thanks,

Baskerville.

ambra4 11:06 06 Sep 08

Yes you need to set up the wireless card to your wireless network

Do a scan for wireless networks click on the SSID name of your network and click connect a

second display will pop up requesting the security code if system is secure, enter the security code

that you set up on the router, once the code is correct you will than have wireless Internet access

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5