fujistu laptop keeps shorting

frankiegeorge 21:28 29 Oct 06

can anyone help?
i have a fujitsu laptop that is two months old and it keeps suddenly switching off (dying) every now and then. i think its shorting because it wont turn on for about five minutes after. its becoming a real pain.
when its on, it works fine and it is really unpredictable to when its going to turn off! (so not overheating)
any ideas?

skidzy 22:45 29 Oct 06

Does this happen when using just the battery or the mains ? or both ?

If when using the battery,try taking out the battery and run from the mains...does this still happen ?

ed-0 22:59 29 Oct 06

try skidzy suggestion, re the battery. If it does the same via the mains:-

" i have a fujitsu laptop that is two months old "

send it back under guarantee. What you have is a major problem and should not happen with a laptop so new.

Ashrich 23:43 29 Oct 06

You say it's not overheating but if it takes 5 minutes before it restarts it might be a component contracting as it cools , a bit like a thermostat does , so it might be heat related after all . I agree with ed-0 , send it back , 2 months old means it wasn't " fit for purpose " and should be replaced not repaired .

Ashley

frankiegeorge 18:46 30 Oct 06

thanx guys, think im gonna have to bite the bullet and send it back.... bummer....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…