fujisitsu Laptop cd drive

Billp64 14 Aug 11

Further to earlier found on microsoft site a download to check cd rom drive, did not repair but now I cannot start the laptop. It will not start in safe mode or last good and as the cd rom will not read cannot load the xp recovery cd. Had a back up on external drive at one time but it will not read that even with it as boot. Any ideas how to get it going again, I have a thought about buying exteral cdrom. ANy help please. Thanks Bill

Taff™ 15 Aug 11

A link to your earlier post Here I suggest you stick to that one and we'll post there for you. This thread needs to be ignored as it will confuse.

Billp64 15 Aug 11

Thanks but the problem now is it more critical after trying the fix it on Microsoft site. Now will not load and cd will not read so all it does is goes around in circles. I think now I will have to try and put a new cd drive in it to get going again. This post is more relevant by trying to fix the first one.

Taff™ 15 Aug 11

I`ve posed some questions in the original thread and tied the two together. Have a look.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message