Fujifilm FinePix 2200 Digital Camera problem/s?

Giggle n' Bits 14:05 23 Nov 03

Hello all, Having problems with my Finepix 2200 digital camera on my pc with Win Me. PC is is a Packard Bell

I have pictures I am unable to get across/download to my PC using the Fuji software.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB Driver v2, the Exif Viewer v1 & DP Editor v1 with no sucess. The Utlities CD is version 2.2 for windows

Thing is when going to install these from CD I have to manually open the CD as it won't autoplay and ME is not covered in the folders on the CD only Win98Se and Win 2000

I get a USB device with a yellow exclamation mark in device manager and if I install it another way I get a storage Disk.

Plugging in the camera with the supplied USB cable is recongised by the machine but the icon in My comptuer shows & reads as a Camera picture called "My Digital Camera"

Really I don't know where to start to get my camera to work.

Can anyone help me please. ?

Stuartli 15:03 23 Nov 03

If you go to click here , key in Support in the search engine, then select your camera model and Windows ME driver you will be able to download it.

It's 2MB so won't take more than five or six minutes on dialup.

Not a particularly well laid out website...:-)

If you go to the US Fuji website you have to pay for drivers.......not that they can be downloaded in any case from outside the States.

Giggle n' Bits 15:57 23 Nov 03

i will go to the Fuji uk site again.

What I don't understand is why a download is needed if the CD covers Win 98Se and Win2000, Me is before Win 2000 and as I have the genuine Fuji CD shouldn't that be enough ?.

But I will down load the Driver software.

Am I suppose to download the software first then connect the camera or connect Camera then install the software as the instruction manual is like the website poorley laid out not very userfriendly for non to teck people on these cameras.

aitch 16:58 23 Nov 03

I have a Finepix 2800 which is not too dissimilar but have you set up the camers in the DSC mode, before trying to download the pics.
Switch camera on, press MENU, scroll across to SET,on the OPTION Screen choose SET UP, scroll down to DSC mode to select. PRESS OK. Switch camera to PLAYBACK MODE, connect fire-wire to camera, then to USB on computer. Autodetect should start and take you through the finepix loading. Hopefullly, this will cure your problems.
Regards,Aitch

Giggle n' Bits 00:10 24 Nov 03

sorry nor not being around earlier, Mad day today.

This camera do not have the DSC Mode you have to set it via a little wheel for playback via USB and its not a Firewire connection.

I will double check there is no DSC but I have tried the camera on a frineds pc with the same camera and nothing. using a card reader I managed to get the pics of and onto a CD for back up.

Thanks for the call & also Stuartli

Stuartli 09:28 24 Nov 03

Install the driver first.

temp003 09:50 24 Nov 03

An unimportant observation. Windows 2000 comes before Windows ME. The camera CD must have been made after Windows 2000 and before Windows ME was released, so you do need to download the software/driver for Windows ME.

Giggle n' Bits 11:08 24 Nov 03

I always thought it was Me then 2000, interesting to know that.

I have downloaded the WinMe USB storage driver, and the 2 utility programes, And BINGO the thing actually works !

I still have a small problem which I will start new posting for.

It obviusly made a difference manually downloading the Finepix software from FujiFilm.co.uk site.

I thank you greatfully: Stuartli, aitch, & temp003

I didn't think there would be any difference but have been shot down & burried, I eat my words etc.

Thank You !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…