Fujifilm Camrea broken?

roygbiv 16:16 07 Jul 05

I have a Fujifilm A205s that might need fixing?

its about 2 yrs. old used not very much (5 pics. a month) got it out of the drawer, turned on ,lens came out, camera turn ed off, lens stayed out. Tried different (rechargeable) batteries, wont come on indicator light "blinks" and nothing.

Cant find any paperwork for it, can some body help before it goes in for repair (or do i look at a new camera??) TIA

SANTOS7 16:25 07 Jul 05

where the batteries sit most cameras have a spring loaded config. so they sit tight in the compartment it may well be one of these has flattened out so one of your batteries is not connecting properly,
if you open the lid where the batteries go you might see one of them sitting lower than the others, use what you can to try and revive the spring loading,
this may help,it's exactly what happened to mine
(samsung digimax) pulled my hair out for a while then worked out what it was,good luck......

roygbiv 16:46 07 Jul 05

Thanks, retired electrican, so I done that (sorry)

tried leaving batteries out for a while, then putting charged batteries , still not doing nothing.

(start looking at ebay/ideal world)

jack 19:57 07 Jul 05

Put batteries in.

Activate the switch

Gently twitch the lens- gentle push

Just might re engage something.

Otherwise send it back to Fuji - If you registered it,they will in all probability if it is recently out of warranty, offer you a factory refurbished one for a nominal sum- Check out the website.

done what jack said camera does "bleep" lens moves about 3-5 mm and shuts off. time to repair/renew me thinks!!!!

jolorna 21:42 07 Jul 05

download the 205s manual pdf from this site 2nd item down click here= and see if that helps

Wuggy 21:15 08 Jul 05

Contact Fuji - give them a phone and explain your problem. I've always found them very helpful, even if the warranty has expired. Read this thread which I posted some time ago to see what I mean. click here

Stuartli 22:34 08 Jul 05

I had a similar problem with my now three-year-old Minolta E203 when the zoom lens refused to come out when switched on.

Minolta attempted a repair but, within a few hours of receiving the camera, contacted me to state they were sending a brand new E203...:-)

First class service from a long established Japanese manufacturer (since, of course, having linked up with Konica to become KonicaMinolta).

just got the estimate for repair £89 + vat

DONT THINK SO!!!! new camera here i come !!!!

Technotiger 21:15 21 Jul 05

Hi, new cam? I would recommend the Fuji F810Zoom - it is excellent!!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…