Fuji-Fine Pix 1400Z Digital Camera install probs

Giggle n' Bits 13:23 21 Mar 03

now using my new PC which has WinXP Home edition.
Problem is my Digital camera named above was installed on a computer that was WinMe.

Now with Windows XP I am having a nightmare trying to install the Fuji Fine Pix 1400Z camera & the CD to install the software.

The computer recognises the Camera in device manager as a Fuiji Finpix camera (Not by model name though)

How do you install the Software from the CD as the CD doesn't auto play like others and then how do you install the camera to download the pictures from it to the computer as the software is not working the way it use to when I was on Win Me operating system.

I have downloaded the Updater from Fuji.

At the moment I have restored XP back to revert any changes made.

Please does nay one step by step info on the process for my above problem/s. PleaZZZZZZZE !

recap 13:38 21 Mar 03

To install the software go to Control Panel/Add,Remove this then should allow you to install the software.

Giggle n' Bits 13:49 21 Mar 03

Go into the Add/Remove Programms then do it from the to install the Software ?.

anchor 14:37 21 Mar 03

Installing the software for digital cameras is often diffult. There have been many postings about it on these forums.

My advice is go for a USB card reader; they are not expensive and simple to install and use.

Simon_P 17:38 21 Mar 03

If all you want to do is download your pix to PC, you only need to connect the cam Via USB port, and windows XP will use Windows pic and fax viewer to display them, in My Computer cam should be listed as removeable device. Just save Pix to whatever folder you want, then you can use any photo software to work with the downloaded pix.

Hope this helps

doorman 23:10 21 Mar 03

Similar to Simon7063 above, I also just plug my Fuji into a USB port, I then open Windows Explorer, the camera is listed as another drive folder, you can then view as thunbnails and copy or move all or any of the pics you wish to a folder on the hard drive.

Giggle n' Bits 00:58 22 Mar 03

it was a navigation setup icon within the Install CD needed to fully install the extra software.

Fuji Film tech support earlier in the day assisted. So A Big thanks to Fuji Film down in Bournmouth for Excellent support in 5 mins & also to recap, anchor, Simon7063 & doorman ! a big thank you also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…