fuji digital camera help required

spud 21:54 18 Dec 03

Hi all
A lad at work has let me have his old fujifilm digital camera a dx-8,however he has no software disc with it,is it possible to put the pictures on my pc? i am using xp home,i have been to the fuji website but that camera isn't even listed on there,its about 5 years old.Any help greatly appreciated

Jester2K II 21:59 18 Dec 03

click here

from the Fuji website

Picture Shuttle, EZTouch & DS Serial Twain driver (5.8 MB)
for Windows 95 98 ME NT4.0 2000Pro XP

Jester2K II 21:59 18 Dec 03
  TommyRed 22:11 18 Dec 03

I'm sure that when I've connected my digicam to XP Home a wizard pops up and asks me what I want to do. Use Fuji software or XP's own. HTH TR

MIke 22:17 18 Dec 03

If you have trouble getting pics on direct from the camera you could get a USB card reader. I would guess a Fuji camera of that age uses Smartmedia cards? Take the card out of camera and insert into a card reader, and the wizard TommyRed mentioned should start automatically with XP Home

MIke 22:24 18 Dec 03

Just looked at Jester2K II link, maybe I'm wrong, and the camera doesn't have a removable memory card??

spud 22:38 18 Dec 03

Thanks jester you are a star,i will download the file and let you know how i go on,mike the camera does have a removable memory card,thanks for your input guys

TommyRed 22:45 18 Dec 03

Do you have the cable (USB) to connect it, if so connect to a USB port THEN switch the camera on, with my camera on the DSC setting (where you can view the images you've taken) and see if the wizard comes on, it's gotta be worth a try. HTH TR

MIke 23:02 18 Dec 03

I got Fuji Finepix and use XP's Wizard. I've not bothered loading up Fuji Software as XP does a good job of getting my pics onto my hard drive. If for some reason the wizard doesn't detect your camera then a USB card reader should work fine. I've got a USB smart media card reader. As soon as I place a card in it XP's wizard kicks in, and transferring pics over is simple.

spud 21:46 23 Dec 03

Thanks jester the download worked a treat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…