fuji camera problem

johnbull 11:45 12 Sep 04

After losing my old fuji camera A203 I replaced it with a newer model a Finepix A330. I then mistakenly believed that; as I had Fuji software already installed, I simply had to connect my new camera to view the sample photos I had just taken! However; I now realize this was "wrong" i.e. I should have installed the software that came with the new camera,i.e. for after then taking the time to "read" the instructions that came withe camera it clearly states "DO NOT CONNECT THE CAMERA UNTIL AFTER INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE" I'd be most grateful if someone could suggest how I can correct this blunder.
Regards Johnbull

Androcles 11:54 12 Sep 04

Just uninstall the old camera software by going to control panel add/remove programs.Then install your new software from the disc that came with your new camera.Regards.

jack 14:01 12 Sep 04

Concur with Androcles
Uninstall old
Put in new

However
If I am not too late
Try the camera without software.
When plugged to USB port the computer will[should] simply aknowldge it as a new drive and the images will be there.
Camera software is usually of a simple 'get you started' nature and can sometimes be a little
flaky.
Better to put pictures in a file and manipulate with one of the many dedicated editing software packages available.

anchor 16:24 12 Sep 04

Agree with the above. An alternative would be to use an inexpensive USB xD card reader.

In the opinion of many, (including myself), this is the best way to upload pictures to the PC.

click here

I also agree with the use of a multi-card reader,
this one is better value,click here
as it reads 7 types of card.

johnbull 19:21 12 Sep 04

Many thanks to Androcles.Jack.Anchor and CoB. I've taken your advice and placed an order for the card reader (recommended by CoB) at under ten pounds, it seems great value, and the perfect solution to my "self inflicted" problem.
Once again, I really appreciate your kind help and the good advice you all supplied.
Best regards John Bull

Ir0nman 19:55 12 Sep 04

Fuji use XD cards,these are not in the 6 in 1 cards. You can buy from (same link) an XD card reader for about the same price.

johnbull 18:04 13 Sep 04

Many thanks IrOnman for your imput: it came just in time! I did'nt give it too much thought, and believed that the first one recommended i.e. the 7 types of card reader would be just right! however, I then checked, and found that it did'nt read XD cards which Fuji uses. I've noe re-orderd the one that is campatible with the Fuji XD card.
Once again!! many thanks to you, and the other
Regards Johnbull

johnbull 18:04 13 Sep 04

Many thanks IrOnman for your imput: it came just in time! I did'nt give it too much thought, and believed that the first one recommended i.e. the 7 types of card reader would be just right! however, I then checked, and found that it did'nt read XD cards which Fuji uses. I've noe re-orderd the one that is campatible with the Fuji XD card.
Once again!! many thanks to you, and the other
Regards Johnbull

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…