fuji camera loading picture probs

maccster 06:50 26 Jul 04

for some reason my fuji 602 zoom camera has stopped being recocnized when i turn it on to load my pictures into the computer. toshiba laptop running xp.

Diodorus Siculus 08:42 26 Jul 04

Do you mean that when you open Windows Explorer it is no longer there under "my computer"?

Or the transfer wizard does not start up?

From langa.com:

Sometimes, this is very easy to fix: Just open Windows Explorer and navigate to where you can see the drive letter or name of whatever device causes the problem--- CD burner, camera, USB drive, whatever. Right click on the device and select Properties. Select the "AutoPlay" tab, select "Prompt Me Each Time To Choose An Option." That's it!

Well, that's *often* it. But sometimes, especially if some other software has inserted itself into the mix, it takes a bit more to restore control of the autoplay device to Windows. This site lists many possible solutions: click here

jonnytub 09:39 26 Jul 04

fuji software seems to get easily displaced by others, i found that whenever that happened to my finepix s7000 i would just uninstall and reinstall, and there she'd be. Maybe not the solution but can save a lot of work in the end, if it is.

Salinger 10:24 26 Jul 04

Card Readers prevent most camera software probs.

jonnytub 10:25 26 Jul 04

agree with you salinger, but you'd think they'd work anyway, not a fan of fuji software, but the cameras a cracker.

maccster 17:52 26 Jul 04

it's the start up wizard that isn't working

wotbus@ 19:48 26 Jul 04

Do you have another camera? My Fuji wouldn't work with my Nikon s/w installed and vice versa. I ditched both image editors/album thingies and just use XP to transfer photo's then open them in my favourite editor. Another this is these camera software disc's often change registry entries resulting in "lost" or "highjacked" drives. You could try AutoFix.exe which sorted my problem. Will send a link in a PS - wait one...

wotbus@ 19:51 26 Jul 04

Yer 'tis, hope it helps.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…