FTP Uploading Files

AndyE61 13:53 25 Apr 06

I have been trying to upload some html files to my service provider Tiatn InternetUnfortunately unsuccesfully.

I started by using Filezilla (FTP Program). I am able to get connected to the server ok. I can dowmload files OK, but when I try to upload to the server the file fails to upload correctly. The server has the file name but the file size is 0 bytes. I then down loaded a version of WS FTP Home and suffered the same fate.

I then called my service provider and they talked me through uploading a file using Command line FTP and this worked OK. This has proved that the server is working OK. They then suggested a program called Cute FTP which I then downloaded but this does the same thing.

I think the problem lies at my end either with the computer or the programs. Any suggestions on a way forward will be gratefully acceoted.

Regards

AndyE61 19:21 25 Apr 06

I don't believe the connection speed is in question as we are on broadband.

I have already attempted to upload with the firewall turned off both on the router and on computer firewall. Neither of them made any difference to the upload.

I am able to upload CSS files and images, this issue only appears to effect html files. Also I can download files ok.

AndyE61 21:39 25 Apr 06

While carrying out some tests a information window popped up saying that Windows Firewall was blocking some information that was being transferred over the internet by the programme Filezilla. This came as some surprise as I am using MCafee Firewall. upon checking the Window Firewall i found it was switched on. I have now turned it off and hey presto it now works.

Thanks for everybodys input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…