FTP upload problem using upload program

Newuser3489 12:02 13 May 04

Although I can access my site via my Browsers - Opera 7.23 and IE 6 - I can't update it via my FTP program - FTP Explorer. I have two other websites, including one I run for a charity, on different servers. I have no problems uploading to these other sites, only this third one.
I've had this problem in the past, but it has gone away after a day or two - this one has lasted several weeks. Each time I try I get the message:

Connecting to: xxxwebsite
Connection Established
220 Welcome to FTP my site (j1)
Connected to: xxxwebsite
USER zzzzzzzzzzzz|xxxwebsite
331 Password required for zzzzzzzzzzzz|xxxwebsite.
PASS
'error logging on to xxxwebsite'.

I've not changed any of the site's settings, including cases and gaps between words which this site is very sensitive about; all worked well for many months, but not now. However, I can easily upload files using the FTP facility on the Server's (Wandoo) web site, using exactly the same dial up connection, password, etc. Odd.

I have tried different FTP programs, one of which says 'password not known'. Wanadoo suggested disabling my firewall - Zone Alarm, and my anti virus program - AVG. I update these very regularly and I have no detectable viruses. I also run Spybot S&D regularly. None of the suggestions worked.

Any suggestions about what's going on and what to do?
Thanks,
James Briggs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…