//some 3rd party need geo

FTP Server

MAJ 12:13 10 Feb 03

I have downloaded and installed "Pablo FTP Server". Does anyone know how this operates. I am aware that I need to know my IP address (I can do that), it is a dynamic IP address. I have set up a download folder (E:\downloads) and placed a file in there ready for my mate to try and download it. I have set up a username and password for him in the software. Now, what I need to know is: How does he connect to it? Does he need to use an FTP client like WSFTP or CuteFTP? Or can he type the address into his address bar in the form click here IP address/E:\downloads, or whatever?

Any help greatly appreciated.

MAJ 12:18 10 Feb 03

That should be FTP :// IP address/E:\downloads, or whatever?

MAJ 12:38 10 Feb 03

I think I have it sussed now. I tried to connect myself, I could connect using WSFTP, but couldn't connect via the address bar. If anyone knows differently I'd like to hear about it.

tran1 14:00 10 Feb 03

It is possible to use Internet Explorer to access FTP servers (But it isn't a good way). Its better to use a Client such as WS_FTP.

If you have a dynamic IP address, I reccomment you go to no-ip.com click here .

You can get a personised domain that will point to your IP address. For example, click here. Something like this will be much more easier to remember than the string of numbers.
You wouldn't go to yahoo by typing '66.218.71.113'.

You can sign up and get domains for free. Its even more useful to those who have a dynamic IP becuase it offers a downloadable program which will automatically update your new URL with your ever changing IP address.

tran1 14:01 10 Feb 03

lol, the second 'click here was mean't to be : ftp. maj.no-ip.com

MAJ 18:54 10 Feb 03

Thanks for that, tran1, I've had a look at no-ip.com, it sounds like just what I need, still being on dialup. I'll take your advice and leave IE's address bar alone and only use the FTP client approach.

I appreciate the help, tran1. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…