FTP Server

Barnie Bears 19:23 19 May 05

I work from home and need to receive heavy files, other than through email. I would like to have an FTP Server so I can give people the FTP details so they can upload their files to this so I can download from this. Does anyone know how I canset this up or where I can find out about this.

Graham ® 19:48 19 May 05

This is WebDesign Forum stuff, but here's a link for you. It does work very well, by the way.

click here

Graham ® 09:30 20 May 05

A free program which may meet your needs:

click here

TomJerry 10:04 20 May 05

you just set up a ftp server on your local PC and ask people to upload to it.

You can control which directory they upload to and usename and password, etc. They cannot mess up with your PC.

There are many ftp server software, ws_ftp is very good one click here

ws_ftp server is expensive, but there are many cheap ones and even free ones

Fastream NETFile FTP/Web Server (free) click here

Yoda Knight 10:17 20 May 05

Serv-U FTP works well (google for it)

TomJerry 10:51 20 May 05

Quick ’n Easy FTP Server click here

anchor 12:10 20 May 05

This may be an answer, 1Gb maximum:

click here

Details:

"Choose who you want to send a file to. It can be anyone with an email address. You can specify multiple email addresses separated by commas.

Select a file to send. You can send photos, audio, documents or anything else. Your file will be stored by YouSendIt without ever filling up your recipient's mailbox.

Click on Send. YouSendIt will automatically email your recipient a link to your file stored on our server. Your file will be deleted after seven days.

No passwords to share, no software to install, no accounts to create, and no full mailboxes".

2neat 13:02 20 May 05

<>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…