ftp problems

new_guy 15:31 27 Dec 03

hi there can some one please help me im trying to get in my ftp useing ie 6 but when it opens all it gives me is a folder called incomeing not all the files that i have on my ftp i know there is a way to do ftp for example click here some thing like that im not sure what it is thow does any one know this
thanks

Taran 16:06 27 Dec 03

Your host should supply you with all the information you need and without knowing who your host is, nobody can say for certain which path to use.

Some hosts allow addressing along the lines of ftp account address - username - password etc

Some allow hostname/username/password/account or another combination along those lines and still others use a series of letters and numbers for your account name and have specific directory structures you must adhere to.

Your hosts help pages shold have everything you need or if you email their support they will help you out.

If you tell us who your host is, one of us may have an account with the same provider in which cane we can point you in the right direction, but without that bit of information we are all flying blind.

Nick1 17:02 28 Dec 03

I use ftpExplorer. It's shareware and very easy to use. It works just like Windows explorer but communicates with the remote host. You can configure several isp's if you need to. As said above you need to path name for your web space, user name and pass word all of which your isp will be able to supply. Look on their web site if they have not emailed you the details already.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…