FTP Problem

fitshase 21:36 03 Aug 06

I did post this in the helproom but I think that this is the correct forum so here goes....

OK, I am using a Buffalo Linkstation network HDD which has a built in FTP server.

I have set the FTP server up and can access it from a local address. However, I cannot access it from another computer on the internet (i.e., outside of my LAN).

I have set my router up to forward traffic on ftp port 20 and 21 to address 192.168.0.253 (which is the Linkstation on my LAN). If I connect from outside, my Netgear router (DG834G) logs the connection attempt as "FTP Rule Match". However, all I get is a box saying, "Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder."

I have had this working in the past and I don't know what to do!

I'm trying to connect from different Windows XP machines over the internet.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Fitshase

ade.h 22:07 03 Aug 06

Is your client firewall set up to permit this FTP traffic?

fitshase 23:07 03 Aug 06

The only firewall I have is in the router and this is set to allow the traffic and to send the traffic to the Linkstation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…